Stress Relief Tactics
April is National Stress Awareness Month! We all experience stress in different ways, but it’s important to make time for activities that help relieve stress. A few stress relief tactics we recommend are listed below…
- Going for a walk to clear your mind
- Doing yoga – whether it is self-guided or group-guided
- Getting outside and being active
- Reducing your caffeine intake
- Spending time with family, friends, or pets
- Journaling your thoughts and frustrations
- Minimizing screen time – phone, tv, video games, etc.
- Coloring, drawing or painting – anything artistic.
- Taking a nap or relaxing
- Reading a good book or magazine
- Practicing self-care
- Seek counseling – talking with a professional is a great way to get support and advice from someone outside of your family and friends. If you are willing to try counseling and are not sure what counselor to go to, we recommend Stacy Gorman. She has 18 years of counseling experience under her belt. Follow this link to her website & you can contact her from there to schedule an appointment
And last, but not least, participating in anything that makes you happy will help you relieve the stress that comes along with life. Reaching out to your friends or family to talk it out can, also, be a great way to reduce your stress levels.